All sports carry a wide range of risks – from accidents resulting in injury, to theft or damage at stadiums and training facilities. But with the right insurance cover, you can protect both the health and safety of your people and the value of your facilities.
Lockton Sport works with amateur and professional athletes, players, teams and clubs worldwide, as well as associations, governing bodies, event organisers and sponsors. Because we understand sport from the ground up, including professional contracts, our advice to you comes from an insider’s point of view. We know the challenges you face.
We’ll assess your risks with you, to make sure you’ve considered every eventuality. Before you insure a player against a career-ending injury, for example, we’d prompt you to think about what happens if they’re also out of action over the medium term. And if you’re insuring yourself, we’ll talk you through how insurance can pick up where your contract cover ends.
The range of services we offer includes:
- Personal accident including accidental death and death by natural causes
- Permanent total disablement (also known as career ending protection)
- Temporary total disablement (also known as wage protection)
- Catastrophe coverage
Our additional related products include:
- Liability – including public and employers’ liability
- Property – including material damage and contents cover
- Motorsport – including personal accident for competition and practice
- Travel – including medical expenses and cancellation
- Contingency – including event cancellation and prize indemnity
- Kidnap and ransom – including kidnap and extortion