In the real estate and construction sector, risk creates uncertainty that can increase costs, erode stakeholder confidence and hinder delivery of project goals. We use risk management and insurance strategically to reduce this uncertainty, giving your business a competitive advantage.
What do you need?
Our team of sector specialists has a detailed understanding of your local issues, and of your wider sector risks. We draw on our extensive network of some of the world’s best insurers to create a strategy that works for you.
Wherever you are in the property cycle – from a greenfield development through to occupancy – we focus on your business, your risks and your needs. We work in partnership with you to develop solutions in your interests, supporting your firm’s long-term success.
Lockton has a client retention rate of 96%, thanks to our exceptional standards of service and our commitment to meeting your changing needs. We are fully transparent about fees, so you know exactly what you’re paying for.
We created our claims code to make sure your insurance delivers when you most need it. This exclusive agreement with our insurer and loss adjuster partners means settlement is swift and decisive, and you get major loss planning and control. You are at the heart of the process – so you know exactly what will happen, when and why.
Areas of expertise:
- International property portfolio risk programmes
- Specialist solutions for contractors from house building to civil engineering projects worldwide
- Total project insurance – you have control of the programme
- Private finance initiative (PFI) and public private partnership (PPP) projects – due diligence consultancy for investors, lenders and government bodies
- Power, energy, infrastructure and regeneration projects
- Contingent and special risks, including rights to light, title, judicial review etc.
- Risk management advice and guidance
Giving you value
If you need to transfer risk, we bring the same level of scrutiny, knowledge and enthusiasm to choosing insurers who understand the nuances of your business. We negotiate the broadest terms at the most appropriate rates – our policy wording goes beyond those of non-specialist brokers.
If you decide not to insure the full extent of your risk, we work closely with you to prepare accurate loss forecasts so you can choose how much risk to retain and self-insure.