- AMP (lnsead),
- Dip. Business Studies (London School of Business) and,
- Dip. Offshore Oil Technology (University of Texas).
Seamus Casserly conceived of Lockton South Africa (formerly firstEquity risk Management Services) after 30+ years in the corporate financial services and insurance sectors, and his considerable experience and expertise enables us to occupy a unique position in Southern Africa and the global risk management landscape.
Seamus was formerly MD of Price Forbes’/ Alexander Forbes’ Short-Term business and MD of Nedbank’s Bancassurance, Life Assurance, Insurance, Broking and Financial Planning businesses.
- He is a former Director of the Insurance Data Exchange Project (Stride),
- Past President of the World Federation of Insurance Intermediaries,
- Past President (and current board member) of the Financial Intermediaries Association of South Africa (FIA),
- Member by examination of the Insurance Institute of South Africa (IISA),
- An observer delegate at the International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- Regular presenter at insurance industry events and an expert technical witness for legal proceedings
- In a social responsibility capacity, he has also served as Chairman of the Board of Governors of Dainfern College.
He is as passionate today, about advancing the industry and serving clients with integrity and excellence, as he was when he started.